[mythtv-users] Tuner Troubles

Phill Wiggin wigginp at mantech-wva.com
Thu Feb 12 14:21:41 EST 2004

Hi,

    I've got a quick question.  I've specified my tuner card settings in
/etc/mythtv/modules/bttv :

options bttv card=34 tuner=2
#tried
#options bttv card=34 tuner=2 radio=1

I'm still having the common problem that the channels appear colorless
and not on the right channels.

Checking dmesg, it says the tuner is set to 5.  Am I setting the options
in the wrong place?

I've searched the list and several forums, and it seems like I'm taking
the right steps.

I just wanted to be sure I'm not missing something.

I've tried running configure_bttv, and tell it to use the second tuner
the (Phillips : tuner=2), but it doesn't seem to have any effect.  The
video stays garbled and dmesg reports tuner=5.  After that didn't work,
I added the 'options' line above to my bttv file, but it also didn't
seem to make a difference (neither reloading the module nor rebooting
helped).

I'm not new to Linux, but I'm new to debian (KnoppMyth is based on
debian, as I understand it).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Phill W.

P.S. I'm not completely opposed to ditching my Leadtek card and buying a
PVR-250, but I'd rather get the card I already have working.