[-SPAM-] RE: [mythtv-users] PVR250 Settings?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Feb 12 07:25:37 EST 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> Might as well top-post, since everything else in this thread is
> top-posted...
>
> I use 720x480, 8000Kbps for all the stuff I plan to watch on my HDTV.
> You can see the difference with lower bitrates. Most of the stuff I
> record for my kid, which will be watched on an analog tube, I capture
> 480x480, 4500Kbps. I don't keep much around long, and stuff I want to
> keep I transcode to mpeg4.

	Boy, if you are recording at those rates and seeing a difference, I
just have to wonder if my card is hosed somehow.  I cannot see any difference
in quality above about 400x480, although I can see mpeg artifact reduction at
higher bitrates.  Makes me wish I had another card for a comparison.

	Anyone have any video clips taken with a PVR-250 at differing
sizes/rates for some objective comparisons?  I nabbed a few frames showing the
softness problem and put them up on:

http://blue.me.vt.edu/~papenfuss

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*