[mythtv-users] XvMC, nvidia 5336 drivers, and 2.6 kernel

Sabin Dang lists at sabindang.com
Thu Feb 12 04:48:43 EST 2004

> First check that you accualy have XVMC active using the xdpyinfo if
> you've got a XVdeo Motion Compensation (you have).
>
> Otherwise its likey that your attempting to use XVMC on the secondary
> display. I had to play around with my screenlayout in my XF86config
> file before I could get it to your on my second screen. Now of course
> it works on the tv-out and not on the main monitor
>
> Try the attached config file..
>
> Simon

THANK YOU!  The config you provided did the trick, and has had several
unexpected benefits as well (I can now run vmware in full screen mode
with myth running concurrently!) .  Only one thing thats still a bit
off, when I play video in myth now I see a blue border on the left and
top of the screen.  It only happens during playback of video, the rest
of the screens look fine.  I've played with overscan and monitor
settings, but nothing I do effects the line.  Anyone have ideas on how
to fix this?