[mythtv-users] Re: Addition to rpm.spec

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 11 19:59:12 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 01:34:29PM -0000, Scott White wrote:
> Would you consider adding the following patch to your spec files for
> future releases,
>
> 159a160,169
> > %if %{?_with_DVB:1}%{!?_with_DVB:0}
> > cat >> settings.pro << EOF
> > CONFIG += using_dvb
> > DEFINES += USING_DVB
> > # Note: INCLUDEPATH should point to the directory with
> > #   'linux/dvb/frontend.h', not the directory with frontend.h
> > INCLUDEPATH += /usr/src/linuxtv-dvb-1.1.0/linux/include
> > EOF
> > %endif

This should have a matching BuildRequires creating
/usr/src/linuxtv-dvb-1.1.0/linux/include, otherwise the rpm will not
built for a user and will not give him a hint, why it didn't build.

What is linuxtv-dvb-1.1.0? A kernel module? And mythtv requires its
headers? I wouldn't install the headers under /usr/src, pick
/usr/include/linuxtv-dvb or something similar.

> The following section suggests I should be able to set some option and
> have it correctly replace pentiumpro with i586 (or something even more
> complex) as required by my Via C3 Ezra-T Mini-ITX box.  I can't work it
> out though.  Is it a define?
>
> QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE += %{optflags}
> QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE -= -march=pentiumpro
> QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE += %{optflags}
> QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE -= -march=pentiumpro

This option is set by rpm itself according to the --target option you
will pass. E.g. for i386 it is set to -O2 -g -march=i386 -mcpu=i686,
for athlon it is -O2 -g -march=athlon and for sparc64 it is -O2 -g
-m64 -mcpu=ultrasparc. You can probably override it from commandline
and/or your .rpmmacros.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de