[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 11 19:11:06 EST 2004

Quoting Aaron Stewart <acs at hourglassone.com>:

> This seems more an argument for a fully-functioning WIKI rather than a
> forum.. That way, if someone sees something missing, they can expand on
> it.  That in combination with the forum idea might solve 90% of people's
> issues, and ensure that we don't sub-categorize things into oblivion and
> unusablilty.
>
> Not to say that I'll read the forum.. most the time I'll probably just
> stick to my good ol' inbox :).
I personally think that even if some people from this list never touch the
forum, including the core devs, as long as *SOME* forum is "officially" linked
to from mythtv.org (All Isaac needs to do is add a link once a particular
site/forum is decided on), rather than resurfacing every couple of months/weeks,
the issue will be resolved permanently.  Those who want a forum will have one,
those who want to stick with the list can do so.  Isaac and the core devs don't
even have to participate/help, just acknowledge.  (Although as I've said before,
if Isaac provided the hosting on mythtv.org it would be a VERY nice gesture, one
that I and possibly others would repay him for by sending some money to defray
the costs of hosting the site.)

After that, us forum fans can argue amongst ourselves how to structure the
forums.  :)

I personally don't like wikis...  Every one I've seen was difficult to navigate
and had the information badly organized.  (The ALSA wiki and the seattlewireless
wiki are particularly bad...)