[mythtv-users] Re: Using this dirt cheap mobo for a MythTV box

rac at racarris.com rac at racarris.com
Wed Feb 11 08:51:01 EST 2004

Gino Filicetti wrote:

> Hey guys,
[edit]
> When I finally build a MythTV box, I want it to be standalone and hooked
> up solely to my TV,... is there anyway to use the VGA output to get a
> RCA/S-Video/Component signal to the TV?
>
> Thanks for your help guys.. this rebate lasts until Feb 28.

I (as well as others.  Do a search of the archives and you'll see a
bunch about 6 months ago.) use an AiTech Web Cable+ to convert my video
card out to an S-video.  It works fine.  There are many that claim that
the quality is slightly less, but it doesn't bother me and I found it
simplier than making X work with the s-vidio out of a new card.

-rac