[mythtv-users] 2.6.2 bttv, gentoo

mian mythtv at mian.net.au
Wed Feb 11 03:52:18 EST 2004

Hi,

Firstly,  I upgraded to 2.6.2 today and Mythtv was acting a bit strange..
with v4l composite in, the picture was very very dark, and you could only
just make out there was a picture at all, and audio was also very very low
(uses line-in from Live!), however mplayer displays the picture fine.. so
it's not a complete driver issue, but it doesn't happen with Myth and
2.6.1 so it's kind a combination of Myth and 2.6.2, does anyone else have
this problem?

My second question is, when rebooting.. the USB module decided to have a
kernel panic, so after rebooting the filesystem was corrupt, and after
repairing it half of /etc was missing.. anyway a few hours later I've
manually rebuilded it and got the system to the point where it boots again
(X doesnt but re-emerging to fix that hopefully, is missing a file in
/etc/pam.d I suspect) but there are a few files which belong in /etc/env.d
which I am unsure of the filenames, if anyone using Gentoo could please
see if they have any files in /etc/env.d that matches the data below it
would be very much appreciated if you could tell me what the filenames are
meant to be..

--#721753
G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1

--#5489159