[mythtv-users] MythTV Webmin module - anyone interested?

tech at gnuconsulting.com tech at gnuconsulting.com
Wed Feb 11 02:21:01 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:03:29PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 February 2004 09:21 pm, Scott LeBrun wrote:
> > Hi guys.
> >
> > I'm developing a Webmin module to enable configuration of the MythTV
> > backend. The primary reason for this is the backend I'm developing it
> > for will not have X installed at all - why install X to just run the
> > backend setup?
>
> Export the display to another machine, or compile mythtv with qt/e on the
> backend and run it on the framebuffer.

Option 1 involves actually installing X, just not using the X server.
Option 2 involves hanging a monitor off of the machine, plus mouse and
keyboard.  Now, I can't speak for Scott, but my server has neither X nor
a monitor/key/mouse, and it would be very nice not to have to install
and/or configure any of them, for a one-time use.

I.e.: Bravo, Scott, and good luck.

D.A.Bishop