[mythtv-users] Playing Music Needs world readable perms

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Tue Feb 10 22:29:58 EST 2004

I've posted this before but didn't get a response.  Maybe a different
set of eyes will see it now.  I have noticed that my MP3 files need to
be world readable in order for Myth to play them.  Why is this and is
there any way I can make this more restrictive?  I plan on using key
authentication with SSH and it will cause problems unless I disable
strict mode, which I don't want to do.  Thanks.