[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Tue Feb 10 17:22:24 EST 2004

> > If it's agreeable to the list owners, I may investigate integrating the
> > mail list with the forum.
>
> It is not agreeable to the list owner.

Okay. That's a definitive enough answer. I won't pursue that route.

Any chance on getting an official endorsement for a forum? (Mine or someone
else's) The sheer number of posts to this thread would seem to indicate that
a measurable number of MythTV users would like a forum. Maybe it's not a
majority, but it's not an insignificant number.

(I'm just talking about a link at the bottom of the "General Info / Lists"
page. Possibly a few words of description.)

Having an officially-endorsed forum would accomplish two things:

1) It would thin the subscriber list for this mail list, reducing traffic.
(It would even make things easier for the elite users who lack the patience
to deal with clueless newbies)

2) It would keep this topic from coming up on the mail list in the future.

---