[mythtv-users] PNY GeForce4 MX440 - $40 till 2/29/04

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:11:07 EST 2004

>From: "Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] PNY GeForce4 MX440 - $40 till 2/29/04
>Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:52:17 -0800

I really need to create a permanent link to the quote from Blazing
Saddles (Van Johnson's right about Dr. Samuel Johnson being right!).

I agree with Jarod.  My PNY GeForce MX440se has been perfect!  I
have had 0 problems from day 1.  The card in the link looks to be
the 8x version of the card I have.  I don't know anything about that
particular card, but if it is like mine it should be fine.  Again, there is
no guarantee that PNY did not decide to change TV out chips when
they went to 8x, so I would find out for sure if I were you (especially
since double shipping on a $40 card is more than half the price if you
have to return it).  I have had absolutely no problems getting PNY on
the phone.  When I bought my card the box still said that NVDVD was
included even though they stopped including it.  A call to PNY support
and they sent me a new disk with NVDVD plus some other software
from their 5200 card.  My DDR RAM is PNY also, and that has been
just as good (actually, no problems, knock wood).

Everyone has their own opinions and you are going to have to make
up your own mind.  My experience has been very good with PNY.

-- Harry O.