[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

Adrian Phillips adrianp at broadpark.no
Tue Feb 10 13:35:17 EST 2004

    Malcolm> I'd say most ARE willing to use.  Even if you have the
    Malcolm> best email client in the world you still have to
    Malcolm> continously download tons of messages and have disk space
    Malcolm> to archieve them.  If you switch between a lot of PCs as
    Malcolm> I do (and I'm sure many others) you have to setup many
    Malcolm> email clients, you don't know where one PC left off and
    Malcolm> where the threads start on the other PC etc.  I use the
    Malcolm> list because it's all we have.  I'd love a forum like
    Malcolm> KnoppMyth uses.  That exact style board is very nice.

If people really want to have a forum or news method of reading the
list then I'd suggest subscribing the list to gmane
(http://www.gmane.org/) assuming the (mythtv) list administrators have
no problems with that. gmane has an nntp and a http interface although
it may not satisfy the die-hard forum lovers.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

[An old stick in the mud text email man]

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/