[mythtv-users] Re:Spilt Myth mailing list?

John DeLuca johnfdeluca at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 13:21:15 EST 2004

While I initially felt a full fledged forum was the way to go, I've found the current method quite acceptable.  There is a forum view of the mailing list posts which I can use just fine to browse content.  Since I don't have a decent mail client capable of threading posts, I just have a mail rule which discards the post digests I get and I use the website instead to read posts,  When I want to respond, I generate a new email to the list with the subject swiped from the forum web post.  Usually that applies the message in the correct thread (although it occasionally creates a new thread so if anyone has an idea on that, I'd appreciate it).

Would I prefer a forum?  Yea, I guess but the larger community seems to feel otherwise and this soluiton works just fine for me.  I guess you could always try to develop your own forum and see who follows.  There are some like that (KnoppMyth) but I usually find myself here as it seems to be the bible of Myth.