[mythtv-users] Re: Using this dirt cheap mobo for a MythTV box

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 10 13:12:41 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gino Filicetti" <gino at filicetti.net>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 10:22 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Re: Using this dirt cheap mobo for a MythTV box

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=146907&sku=S452-1001

> It's a Syntax - S635MP - SiS Socket 370 microATX Motherboard... doesn't
have on board mpeg decoding, but I think it has on board video... although
only a VGA output.

> When I finally build a MythTV box, I want it to be standalone and hooked
up solely to my TV,... is there anyway to use the VGA output to get a
RCA/S-Video/Component signal to the TV?

> Thanks for your help guys.. this rebate lasts until Feb 28.

You could purchase a VGA to S-video type converter.  Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-144-303&catalog=47&depa=0

or

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-100-117&catalog=47&depa=0

I'm thinking of doing the same thing myself but just for a MythFrontend box.
I see no reason why you couldn't just a PVR-250 or two on to that board and
have a self contained box.

Thanks
Malcolm