[mythtv-users] Re: ivtv not loading after upgrade to 0.14

John DeLuca johnfdeluca at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 11:41:49 EST 2004

Axel....

I had the same thing (diff kernel version than ivtv).  I'm not sure how it happened to me but I know I have never used the --nodeps.  It happened when I tried to update to .14 and I followed Jarod's instructions.  I'm a newbie so I'm sure it's something I did, but I am aware of the --nodeps and never use that as it's always trouble.  I had to update my kernel as you didn't seem to have the ivtv version for my kernel.  Updated all other things and my system was humming again.  Have I told you how thankful I am for your rpms?  I know Jarod is passing along my thanks.  I couldn't have got this beautiful system up and running without you, Jarod, Issac, and the developers.  I am the envy of my friends who want me to build their systems.

While the Linux experience has been very frustrating for this newbie (simple file moving commands took forever if I didn't have cut/paste), I am learning more each day.  The more I use Linux, the more I like it.

---------------------------------

Re: ivtv not loading after upgrade to 0.14 [In reply to]

---------------------------------
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 08:47:48AM -0500, Peter Lee wrote:
> It says:
>
> ivtv-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2149.nptl-0.1.9-24.rhfc1.at
> ivtv-firmware-17_21288-1.at

> OK, I guess I need to update my kernel? I currently have
>
> 2.4.22-1.2135.nptl_27.rhfc1.at
> 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
> 2.4.22-1.2129.nptl.caps.rhfc1.ccrma

How did you install ivtv-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2149.nptl-0.1.9-24.rhfc1.at? It
requires kernel-2.4.22-1.2149.nptl. You used --nodeps at some time?
Check with rpm -V ivtv-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2149.nptl-0.1.9-24.rhfc1.at.

You need to have an ivtv kmdl matching you kernel. If you upgrade your
kernel or downgrade ivtv is your choice.

NEVER use --nodeps ;)