[mythtv-users] Problems with apt-get install mythtv-suite

Nathan Goff mythtv at thegoffs.org
Tue Feb 10 10:20:00 EST 2004

I had this exact issue as well over the weekend.  I was doing a fresh
install of FC 1 with Jarod's guide.  I figured it out...my rpm database
was totally whacked, so it could not get dependencies right.  There were
issues with it installing qt-MySQL, which in turned caused mythtv to
fail to install and it just snowballed from there.  I tried all of the
options to rebuild the database, but nothing fixed it.  After reading a
post on here that basically said you are screwed if your db gets that
messed up I decided to start over, so I did a reinstall and it all works
fine now.

I think it got messed up when I was using VNC to log into my linux box
and did the apt-get dist-upgrade, which installed a new VNC package, so
my VNC connection died the second it installed that new package, thus
killing the apt-get dist-upgrade right in the middle of it.  On the
reinstall I made sure to do it directly on the box instead of through
VNC and it worked great.

Good luck!

Nathan Goff