[mythtv-users] What is your ideal hardware?

Franco net.surfer at tiscalinet.it
Tue Feb 10 09:05:34 EST 2004

> I just found MythTV
> recommend a hardware setup
> I am looking for some high-end kit

I am basically in the same situation as you so, keep tuned :-)

As to soundcard/speakers, I went to  http://www.thx.com/ and then
certified hardware-> multimedia. I'm not sure if that'll work with
linux, I had already bought it when I discovered abot "linux HTPC"
and, later on, "MythTv"... but you spend at least 5 times less
than a traditional amplifier+speakers combination which is
THX certified and has the same output power.

> Are there any nice PC cases that won't look too out of place
> in my hi-fi stack?

What you are looking for is called "HTPC case"
(discovered it just a few days ago). Try with google.
The case I'm going to buy is the HTPC case by Cooler Master,
which is very nice and resembles exactly an Hi-Fi component
(423 mm width, aluminium front, golden round feet, etc.).

The limitation is that it can only contain a micro-ATX motherboard
with 4 expansion slot, so please help me to find out one
which has a Nvidia GeForce4 on-board and 4 PCI slot :-)
(instead of 3 PCI + 1 AGP)

Franco