[mythtv-users] PPV.pl & General Question about (unknown) chans

Anthony anthony_myth at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 02:31:15 EST 2004

Hey guys, just a couple quick questions…

Regarding PPV.pl:

Is anyone currently working on any other versions of this idea? Perhaps a scrape of directv.com for info instead of using that J guy from the TiVO community? I know there is an old version from Tarek called ppvtvguide or tvguideppv, does anyone know if that still works? Is anyone interested in perhaps collaborating on scripts/modules that offer us multiple source reading, in-case one goes down, etc.?

Regarding (unknown chans):

Are there any options in the Myth frontend that I’ve missed that could allow me to hide certain channels if EPG data doesn’t exist for them? Even though its 100% cosmetic, I hate seeing all those empty slots for channels that I don’t have data for or aren’t in use on DirecTV (these channels can vary from week to week).

If there isn’t, is there some way I can manipulate the Myth backend after I run the ppv EPG update script? Can I just remove PPV channels from the EPG via manipulation of some table? (if so, which table?)

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for my Sony.pl message falling into another thread (really sorry to you threaded readers out there ☺)

--Anthony