[mythtv-users] PVR 350 and TV-out

Hanno 'Rince' Wagner wagner at rince.de
Tue Feb 10 00:29:35 EST 2004

Hiho,

Franco schrieb am 10. Februar 2004:

> One question is: is there difference between the TV out of a
> video card and the TV out ov the PVR 350 ?
>
> I mean, I expect the TV-out of the video card to send out
> whatever would be sent to the monitor (the whole X-windows screen)
> while I guess the TV-out of the PVR350 would just send out
> the video image... is my assumption right or wrong?
> (I've never had a TV-out in my computer before)

It is wrong. You can use the TV-Out of the pvr350 like a
framebuffer-device - you can run X on it. Okay, it is not fast, but
it is running quite fine. I do that since I do not want to have a
monitor _and_ the tv connected to the monitor.

> Also, I've read some posting complaining about
> the TV-out of the GeForce4 : is the TV-out of the
> PVR 350 a better quality signal?

I can not talk about the GF4, but I know the picture of the PVR350
is quite good.

Ciao, Hanno
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince at IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |