[mythtv-users] Problems with apt-get install mythtv-suite

Mike Kreitz kreitz_list at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 19:39:06 EST 2004

All,

I am having issues using the command apt-get install
mythtv-suite.  I am completing the Fedora install from
Jarod's latest guide 2-7 and I am getting the
following errors.  I completed an install day before
yesterday and had no problems.  So far, the install
has been flawless and I have double checked everything
I have done.  Is there a possiblity that some
dependencies have been broken.  Here are the errors
:::::

apt-get install mythtv-suite
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean
that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using
the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet
been created
or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is
extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report
against
that package should be filed.
The following information may help to resolve the
situation:

  mythtv-suite: Depends: mythtv (>= 0.14) but it is
not going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-backend (>= 0.14) but
it is not going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-frontend (>= 0.14) but
it is not going to be installed
                Depends: mythmusic (>= 0.14) but it is
not going to be installed
                Depends: mythvideo (>= 0.14) but it is
not going to be installed
                Depends: mythweb (>= 0.14) but it is
not going to be installed
                Depends: mythweather (>= 0.14) but it
is not going to be installed
                Depends: mythgallery (>= 0.14) but it
is not going to be installed
                Depends: mythgame (>= 0.14) but it is
not going to be installed
                Depends: mythdvd (>= 0.14) but it is
not going to be installed
                Depends: mythnews (>= 0.14) but it is
not going to be installed
                Depends: mythbrowser (>= 0.14) but it
is not going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-photo (>= 4) but
it is not going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy (>=
0.20031214) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-visor (>=
1:0.13.1) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-sleek (>= 0.35)
but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-gant (>= 0.pr1)
but it is not going to be installed