[mythtv-users] Empty MPEG2 recording profiles?

Kristo Kriechbaum klk+myth at robotics.caltech.edu
Mon Feb 9 14:32:24 EST 2004

I am running myth .14 from atrpms.  I recenlty got an M179, and I have
it working reasonably well.

If I go into mythfrontend->setup->TvSettings->Recording Profiles and
select MPEG 2 Encoders, it doesn't show any profiles at all. If I go
ahead and hit enter again (as if I'm selecting a profile, even though
it's blank), it takes me to a profile with an empty name that i can't
modify. I can change other settings for the profile, but they are
_not_ saved.  No matter what I try to do, it always ends up back with
defaults of RTJpeg, etc etc.

This is obviously an mpeg2 card, and I'd like to change some of the
capture settings.  I can use it inside of myth just fine, but I have
no idea what capture settings it is using.

Is this something that I screwed up myself, or is this a known issue
with an easy solution?

Thanks,
Kristo