[mythtv-users] PUNDIT High-CPU watching TV

paul.volkaerts at lineone.net paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Mon Feb 9 12:20:42 EST 2004

Hi,

I have an ASUS Pundit with an Intel 2.6G CPU and 512M RAM, so pretty good
performance; and a Nebula (BT8x8) DVB card running backend & frontend on
the same machine.

When I watch live TV, my CPU is close to 100% with the two filters I need
for good quality (kerneldeint and denoise3d). If I take off denoise3d it
drops to around 75%, so still v high. "top" shows X taking about 50% CPU.

The Pundit uses a SiS 315 graphics chip which says it has MPEG2 Video Decode
(http://www.sis.com/products/graphics/315.htm) so has anyone got this working?

Anyone with a Pundit able to say whether their CPU usage is similar?

Paul