[mythtv-users] Myth 0.14 - Version 1.0??

Preston Crow pc-mythtv at crowcastle.net
Mon Feb 9 12:00:01 EST 2004

Discussion of nvidia video drivers...

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 11:39, Andrew Dodd wrote:
> If you don't play games, then rudimentary Xv support is about all you need.
>
> I recall seeing somewhere that the Xbox Linux distributions had Xvideo support,
> which implies that it exists in the open-source versions.  (Since the binary
> drivers don't support the Xbox NV chip.)

It all depends on what you're doing.

If you're playing regular TV with S-Video ouput, then your first concern
is probably getting overscan to work correctly (as with the 4363 binary
drivers).

If your CPU isn't very powerful, then you'll need Xv support.

If you're displaying HDTV, then you need XvMC support.

As it stands now, the only driver for nvidia cards that does all that is
the 4363 release.

--PC