[mythtv-users] Myth 0.14 - Version 1.0??

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Mon Feb 9 11:46:57 EST 2004

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu wrote:

>>I guess I should have been clearer... The ACCELERATED DRIVERS don't
>>support interlaced output.  I figured it went without saying that 1) X
>>supports interlaced output and 2) Many video card chipsets support
>>interlaced output.
>>

>	Since not all video cards are NVIDIA (something which they're trying
>hard to remedy), I don't know that I'd accept that statement either.  What is
>true is that the *NVidia binary drivers* do not support interlaced output.  A
>number of other card/driver combinations do.  Also remember that "accelerated"
>means different things.  Strictly speaking, the 'nv' open-source driver is
>"accelerated" since it doesn't require the CPU to individually put each byte
>into the card's memory.  It's not as fast as the 'nvidia' binary driver, nor
>does it support GL, etc, but it's still accelerated.

Oh for crying out loud you're making a religious issue out of a simple
statement.  If there is a card with video drivers that support all
features of the card, and interlaced TV out then name it.  After
searching the web for weeks, the ONLY card that I've seen that has
drivers available for all it's features PLUS interlaced TV out the the
Matrox G400, which is no longer available except as a bargain bin or
closeout item.