[mythtv-users] Recording two programs back to back

Brian_Meehan at Nexpress.com Brian_Meehan at Nexpress.com
Mon Feb 9 11:22:29 EST 2004

> I'm having a problem recording two programs back-to-back.
> The first program records without a problem the second program
> starts to record and stops about 10-30 minutes later.
> The mythbackend log shows no issues when the second recording dies.
> Both shows are on the same channel.
>
> The box can record items longer than 1 hour without a problem ex:
> the super bowl.
>
> I've recently tried two 30 minute shows and did not have a problem.

It sounds like you've already tried a few troubleshooting techniques. I
just have a few more targetted questions:

Which shows and channels were they? (Not being nosy, just curious if Zap2It
had funky listings for them).

Were they shows that didn't end on the hour or half hour? (same reason as
above)

Which type of recording were they (single, weekly, channel, etc)?

Would it be possible to get a SQL extract of the entries in table RECORD?

If it is repeatable, next time you get close to recording the show, stop
mythbackend. Instead of running it "/sbin/service mythbackend start", run
it from the command line with the -v all parameter, incase some of the
troubleshooting messages were getting lost.

Also, how are you doing on hard drive space?

Does anything else record later, after the one failed recording?

There, that's a start. Sorry there aren't many suggestions, but hopefully
the answers will help us track the problem down a bit more.

-Brian
 IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The information in this email is confidential and proprietary to NexPress
Solutions LLC and may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended
recipient(s) named above only.  Any unauthorized review, printing, copying,

use or distribution of this email by anyone else is prohibited and may be a

criminal offense.  If you have received this email in error, please notify
the
sender immediately by reply email and delete the original message.