[mythtv-users] IDeq 200v - PVR-350

herb at the-miners.com herb at the-miners.com
Mon Feb 9 10:42:01 EST 2004

I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this setup.  The
Biostar IDeq 200v with the VIA KM400 + VT8237 barely supported Mandrake or
Redhat.  I've had problems getting sound to work, SerialATA RAID isn't
supported at all yet, and my frustation in trying to get the PVR-350 to
work has caused me to make such strange noises that my wife has had to
come make sure I didn't have any sharp objects near me!

But, finally, here is were I am at (without a post to the list for help
until now!)

-Sound seems to be working using ALSA.
-PVR-350 using ivtv working (I can "cat /dev/video0 > recording.mpg" and
get a nice mpeg recording with sound and all).

I had MythTV working before with a WinTV card, but can't get it working
with my PVR-350.  I get a black screen during Watch TV.  I can't watch
recording.mpg using MythTV either, although I can watch it using mplayer
from a command prompt.

I'm not a Linux newbie, but I am a Linux+video device newbie.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Did I pick a bad system to do this on(IDeq 200v)?

Thanks in advance...