[mythtv-users] Starting out - Which Distribution?

Tony tony.caduto at amsoftwaredesign.com
Mon Feb 9 09:29:59 EST 2004

I would recomend Gentoo 1.4 , the base os is a little harder to setup
than say Fedora, but you end up with a highly optimized system.
After the base is installed, you simply type at a prompt "emerge mythtv"
Gentoo's portage system will resolve all dependencies and
install/compile the whole thing for you.

I have tried other distros but always come back to gentoo.

Just my opinion though.

Tony