[mythtv-users] The ideal video card for MythTV

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Mon Feb 9 09:41:46 EST 2004

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm using an old Voodoo 5500 AGP with an
external VGA->NTSC converter.  I have Xvideo accelleration and I never worry
about anything else.  I have X set to a standard 800x600 resolution and it
looks perfect on my rear projection TV.  Before I had used an ATI
All-in-wonder Raedon (on Windows) with the TV out and could *never* get a
good picture due to flickering, etc. which is why I got the external
converter.

It seems to me that you can spend $100 and get an external converter that
will handle any video card (you can just get a decent one with good X driver
support or pretty much use whatever) and not worry about finding the perfect
card since the converter takes care of most of the issues.

My .02

Kevin