[mythtv-users] EPIA M10000 or other frontend suggestions?

mardin01 at gmx.de mardin01 at gmx.de
Mon Feb 9 08:03:21 EST 2004

Hi :-)

I'm using my M10k C3-2 for MythTV with normal WinTV PCI (with FM radio) ...
using TV out (SVideo from
OnBoard CLE266 graphics) ...

- quality is ok ... watching TV and DVD ...
- quality of LiveTV could we set by changing Recording Profile "LiveTV" ...
because live TV is always
recorded and played back with about 2 sec. delay ... but very nice ...

- something is a bit worse ... VIA drivers only exist as closed source with
/ for MPEG2 hardware ... some
manual work to install on RedHat 9 Linux ... hope it changes on Fedora or
other distributions in future
releases with Kernel 2.x, X4.4, ...

... I'm using my M10k in a A206 case ... my next step is to silence the
radiator of the powersupply and
getting powermnagement to work ... next steps will be to use WLAN as network
connection (now a 100Mbit
cable lying on the floor across my home :-)

I love this software

Martin