[mythtv-users] ivtv

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Mon Feb 9 06:57:47 EST 2004

Hi,

This has happened to me several times over the last year since I started
using mythtv and I lost the grammys this time as a result, so I thought
it was time to ask...

Occasionally I will go to watch a recording and find out that it is zero
length.  When I check, I find that the ivtv driver is hung.  I rmmod
ivtv and modprobe ivtv and it start working again just fine.

So my question is, is there a definitive way to monitor /dev/video0 and
make sure it is working.  (Keep in mind it may be recording a show when
checked.)

If so, I would set the monitor script to rmmod and insmod the driver,
thus hopefully not loosing the whole days worth of recordings.

Thanks for any suggestions...
Dick

P.S.  Maybe this should be posted on the ivtv board, but I thought if
there is a good way to handle it, others in this group would be
interested.