[mythtv-users] How stable is your myth setup?

Hanno Wagner wagner at rince.de
Mon Feb 9 06:02:15 EST 2004

Hiho,

<zitiere wer="Sabin Dang">

> I was curious to see how stable everyone else's myth setup is.  I
> personally have to restart myth backend every 3 - 4 days.  I run a
> redhat 9 system with the 2.4.20 kernel,pvr250 (ivtv version 0.1.9),
> ALSA, geforce4 for video out, and myth .14 (setup using jarod's
> excellent guide).

currently I have to reboot (hard, with power off) every three days
or so - it hardly depends on how often I record something. I have an
Epia M2-10000 box with a PVR350, it works fine except that sometimes
it "forgets" sound - or better: it doesn't capture it in the stream.
I can see old records with sound, but current LiveTV or recording
something results in silence. when I reboot with power-off,
everything is fine again.

(has anyone seen something similar?)

I use linux-2.4.24, TV-Out of PVR350 and I just try to use S-Video
as output, not the composite one. And maybe I will soon be able to
use the SPDIF-Output from the Motherboard with Alsa as general
output.

Ciao, Hanno