[mythtv-users] MythTv booting

Dustin Hunter dhunter21 at bigfoot.com
Mon Feb 9 00:06:47 EST 2004

Tony Maro wrote:

>> Dustin Hunter wrote:
>>
>>> My plan is to use MythMusic as an mp3 server for my ever growing CD
>>> collection (800 CDs). I'm not going to use the MythTv portion, so I
>>> have no need for the machine to be turned on all the time. I'd like
>>> to make the machine power up quickly, and power down simply by
>>> pressing the power button.
>>>
>>> Are there any recommendations or tips for a quick power up?
>>>
>>> Does Myth support power off? I.e. if I press the power button, is
>>> Myth going to save state properly and close?
>>>
>>> Thanks all.
>>

> One question though... why would you use MythTV for this if you don't
> plan on using any of the video features?  There are plenty of MP3
> jukebox setups out there that are a lot easier to get running.
>
> -Tony

Frankly, I haven't found any that I like, or that will give me a nice
interface via my tv and support for remote controls (not to mention a
community behind it). I would have to say that 99% of the
projects/software I see out there is aimed for streaming video.

Oh, and I think MythGames and MythDvd is pretty cool too.

Do you have any recommendations that I can take a look at?

- Dustin