[mythtv-users] sony.pl (sony_dss.pl) BUG

Anthony anthony_myth at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 19:43:03 EST 2004

Hey everyone,

This list is really great its an invaluable archive of information for a new
Myth convert such as myself and Jarod's guide is EXCELLENT!

Anyways, I'm writing to let anyone that uses the Sony.pl PERL script know
there is a bug in it. The check_channel function is all wrong because it
does not take into account what the receiver sends back for a reply.

Also, I was interested in making it possible to purchase PPV with one button
press on my MythTV remote, and looking through the archives I saw someone
had asked, but no one had anything.

So I fixed the bug in the Sony.pl script regarding the check_channel (now it
really won't change channels unless you're changing to a new channel) and I
also added a function to purchase PPV. If you're interesting in using the
PPV function, simply edit .lircrc, add an entry for irexec pointing to
/path/to/sony.pl -1 (instead of the normal positive integer to change a
channel) Right now the PPV function will only work on certain channel ranges
(to avoid needless stuff on channels you can't even buy). Make sure you have
irexec starting up with the system if you're using this solution.

Hope this helps someone as much as it helped me,

--Anthony (Former SageTV user, new MythTV lover)

---