[mythtv-users] RadioShack 15-2116 remote and superfast repeat

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Sun Feb 8 19:16:41 EST 2004

I went out and bought a 15-2116 remote today.

Jarod's HOWTO was great, except up/down and ch+/- both sent the same codes.

I solved this by mapping advanced codes 228/068 to the up/down keys.

I also had to modify Jarod's lircd.conf slightly to grok the new keys.  My
lircd.conf is attached, has both the hauppaugegrey and rs25-1116 defs.  In my
case I mapped up/down to skip forward/back 10min.

Here's the problem:  The remote has a hair trigger.  Anything more than the
lightest tap triggers repeats.  (which made learning the new codes a PAIN for
the toggle bit detection part...)

In Myth, this means the remote is close to useless for navigating menus, because
even a light tap usually sends me jumping two menu entries ahead.

In the documentation for lircrc, it is stated that using repeat = x statements
for each button config will cause only one event to be sent for every x repeats.
 The problem is that Myth 0.14 seems to be ignoring the repeat = 4 statements in
Jarod's lircrc - Despite everything being set to repeat=4, the remote still has
a hair trigger in myth.

Any suggestions on slowing the remote's repeats down, either at the remote or
how to get repeat = x working in Myth?