[mythtv-users] Aspect Ratio question

John DeLuca johnfdeluca at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 19:01:28 EST 2004

I have a brand new Plasma Widescreen HDTV for my MythTV.....wow what a difference. I have it connected via the VGA out on my video card (where a monitor usually plus in) to the VGA in on the mediabox that came with the plasma TV. My question is: Should I now be setting the aspect ratio under recording profiles to be 16:9? When I do that, I see bars at top/bottom and the picture seems distorted. A setting of 4:3 seems to produce a better picture on my plasma. So am I missing something? I guess a more generic question is: What is the optimal MythTV settings for a 16:9 monitor?