[mythtv-users] Mixing cvs and apt

Jeff mythtv at maniclogic.org
Sun Feb 8 18:49:58 EST 2004

Odd behavior (maybe me): updated my installation with the .14 apt and then
grabbed the mythtv cvs version of 14 so I could compile in xvmc support.

After compiling the mythtv cvs and moving it to the standard apt install
directory (from /usr/local/bin to /usr/bin) I now have only two items at
my "main menu": MythTV and Setup.  How can I get back the other plugins?  I've
looked at and altered the old /usr/local/share/mythtv/*.xml files but they
don't seem to be used by the built from cvs version.

Is there a "Right Way" to use both the apt and cvs versions together?  Or at
least get them to agree on the install directory?