[mythtv-users] using mysql to manually edit backend settings?

Janek Hellqvist janek at slaytanic.com
Sun Feb 8 17:31:53 EST 2004

miller44 at optonline.net wrote:
> After reading some more old emails, (my problem was setup crashes
> whenever i try to go into input connections), so i would like to
> manually edit the database file to assign my video source to the
> input connections, unfortunately i have no idea how to use mysql, i
> looked at some documentation on their website and it seems pretty
> complex, if anoyne could possibly walk me through it I would be very
> grateful. Thanks again

Your best option is probably to install a graphical front-end (SQLyog or
something by MySQL themselves) and edit the tables that way... Just be
careful so you don't break anything. :)

I had to do my channel setup that way, since there was no grabber available
for Sweden...

--
 |   Janek Hellqvist   |
 | janek at hellqvist.com |