[mythtv-users] How stable is your myth setup?

Sabin Dang lists at sabindang.com
Sun Feb 8 17:16:52 EST 2004

>  Ain't that the truth! I get a dirty look from my wife everytime I
> tell her
> there's a new version out.. Until she goes and reads the enhancement
> list.
>
> -Scott Rowe
>

> <snip>
>
>> You know you have a good MythTV install when your better half becomes
>> more
> dependent on it than you.

Thanks for the replies!  I think I'm gonna try to do a fresh install
and see if that helps my uptime.  On the topic of significant others...
the reason I made this post initially is because my girlfriend (a high
school teacher) and her students were going to be on television
competing in a large academic quiz competition thing. My myth setup
stopped recording 45 minutes into the 2 hour broadcast... needless to
say she was a bit unhappy.  THANKFULLY myth has the very useful "See a
list of all up-comming episodes/playtimes" button which found that the
competition was going to be aired again! Hopefully nothing will happen
this time around.

-- Sabin