[mythtv-users] PVR350 TVOUT Working!! But Quick XFree86 Question

Scott Francis scott.francis at newisys.com
Sun Feb 8 08:54:40 EST 2004

First off, I want to give my EXTREME thanks to Jarod, Axel, and Issac and all the ivtv folks for making a truly awesome product.  I had attempted to get everything working in the .12 days of Myth and had tons of issues so I tabled it for a few releases.  The wife went out of town for a few weeks to visit her mother in the Caribbean and I figured it was the perfect time to give it another shot (especially after all the progress that I've seen being made on the PVR350 support with TV-OUT).

So I followed the guides and got everything working yesterday.  Must say that everything worked like a champ and now I'm in the fun period of "tweaking".

The major issue that I currently have is my display settings on my TV.  Admittedly I am not the worlds foremost expert on XFree86Config, so if you all could help me a bit that would be great.  The issue that I'm having is that the display going thru the TV-OUT is just a little big bigger than what my TV is showing.  So the tops and sides are not properly being shown.  This is causing an issue in that I can't see if my checkbox is selected or not in a lot of the menus.  I'm sure it's a simple "tweak this value" until it looks correct type of thing, but I'm not sure what and where to tweak.  My current XFree86Config file is a cut-and-paste directly from the IVTV Wiki TVOutHowTo guide.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be extremely grateful.  My goal is to have the system fully configured before the wife gets home so I can go into "brag and showoff mode" :)  Looking forward to some of that WAF-loving.

Thanks in advance everyone...and once again major kudos on a top-notch product with amazing documentation (especially so considering its an open source).

Scott