[mythtv-users] Problems Restarting Live TV

David Greene greened at obbligato.org
Sun Feb 8 13:38:01 EST 2004

Hi,

I've solved a bunch of problems with my WinTV Theater and am almost at
the point of having everything working perfectly.  However, I'm having one
problem I haven't seen addressed anywhere.

When I start up the backend and frontend for the first time, watching live
TV works perfectly.  However, if I go to do something else like look at
MythWeather, when I come back to watching live TV the picture is very
dark and sometimes I get a double soundtrack, like I'm hearing the live
sound and recorded sound at the same time.  The lines in are disabled
by alsamixer so I can't imagine how this can happen.

I'm running under linux 2.6.2 (oh how I hope LIRC gets ported soon!) using
myth 0.14 (Debian packages).

Thanks for any insight you can provide.  I really want to get this running
in time for my stereo system arrival this week!  :)

                                                        -Dave