[mythtv-users] Starting out - Which Distribution?

Michael Segulja msegulja at lmdcs.com
Sun Feb 8 11:14:48 EST 2004

I am what I would consider an expert in Linux, but I'm very new to the whole PVR world on Linux.  I'm very excited to have found MythTV and I really look forward to seeing what I can do with it.  However, I have one question before I get started.  I'm curious to see if you would recommend any one distribution over another?  I don't want to start some sort of flame war over this, but I'm sure there are some distributions that are easier to get working than others for MythTV.  I prefer Mandrake 9.2, and is the distribution that I run on my desktop machines.  I also recently discovered Gentoo, and although I haven't installed it yet, it looks very promising because it seems to be ready for MythTV once installed.

Thanks for your advice.  Just looking for some general ideas to point me in the right direction so I can start playing around with this.

----
Michael Segulja
LMD Computing Solutions, Inc.
(281) 376.8181 | Office