[mythtv-users] Changing filesystems?

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 8 00:06:43 EST 2004

My last reply to myself.  Based on a Googled reference, I was able to
break my XFS 4G file size barrier by formatting the partition 'mkfs.xfs
-dagsize=4g'.  So, here are the complete results:

Time to delete a 10G file, fastest to slowest:

JFS:                 0.9s, 0.9s
XFS:                 1.3s
EXT3:                1.4s, 2.3s
EXT2:                1.6s
REISERFS:            6.2s
EXT3 -T largefile4:  5.9s, 10.2s

After running the XFS test, there didn't seem to be any point in
reformatting the partition again, so I left it on XFS, but I think I
would be happy with JFS, XFS, or EXT3 w/o '-T largefile4'.

Bill