[mythtv-users] lircrc for XP Media Center Edition remotes?

Dan Conti dconti at acm.wwu.edu
Fri Feb 6 18:41:48 EST 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> I've been meaning to try out an MCE remote and receiver from one of our MCE
> boxes at work... I'd be interested in hearing what all you've done thus far.
>
> Whoa! That remote is way different than the ones we've got here... I presume
> the buttons all send the same or at least similar thing though (ours came
> w/HP systems).

My understanding is that the various media center remotes all use the same
protocol (rc6) and that the ir receivers behave the same. Besides the
phillips one (available at newegg) at least one other manufacturer's combo
has been tried and worked just fine.

I believe the HP remote either has an extra button or is short one
compared to the phillips, but i'm not certain.