[mythtv-users] Any Myth Browser options for using Shoutcast orother Internet radio?

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 16:19:40 EST 2004

> Patiently waiting for MythInternetRadio to arrive.
> Until then, any options of using MythBrowser as a
> means to access Internet Radio streams? I tried
> Shoutcast but it requires some sort of client install.
> As a Linux newbie, I was at a loss on how to get it to
> work.

I may have posted them before, but for a usable temporary solution, see

http://mb1ajs.home.comcast.net/mainmenu.xml and
http://mb1ajs.home.comcast.net/radiomenu.xml and
http://mb1ajs.home.comcast.net/radio (which needs to be executable)

Replacing the regular mainmenu.xml will add the entry for the radio menu.
Edit the radio menu to put in entries for the stations you want and to
provide the correct path to radio.  Notice the use of lynx to handle
indirect links to the streams.  I found it easiest to fish around for the
correct links on a windows box, then manually get the command lines correct
before editing the radiomenu file.  There was no way without a patch to kill
the radio upon exit (nor was it necessarily desirable).  Thus the Radio Off
entry.