[mythtv-users] Asus P4PE audio digital output

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 6 16:13:22 EST 2004

Hey, i have an asus p4s533-mx which has the same adi 1980 codec.  You
just need to use alsa, which will support the rca spdif.  If you unmute
the spdif in alsamixer, all of your pc audio will be sent out through
the spdif connection.

Just check on the alsa website for documentation on the adi 1980 chip,
its there if you look under supported hardware.  Personally, that codec
works well under linux.

-bborie