[mythtv-users] Blurred motion on recorded programs

Gary Dawes garydawes at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 10:38:10 EST 2004

My box has been suffering blurring during scenes involving motion, for
ages now. It does not need to be especially fast motion. Most of the
time everything is great but motion looks like it is in slow motion a
bit like mouse trails or the blurrinng on a photograph

I have tried both MPEG4 and RTJPEG without much difference. I have also
tried all manner of resolutions and capture settings without much
success, and have been trawling the list for possible fixes.

I have 2 bt878 cards currently running though bttv 0.7.106. The box
itself is an athlon 1700xp with 256mb of ram running Mandrake 9.1. The
effect seemed to occur around about the time I upgraded to Mdk9.1, which
I had to do to get Nuvexport running. The box does not appear stressed
during recording. different capture settings give me different levels of
cpu useage, but do not make a jot of difference to the quality.

I don't think that is the playback, as I'm playing back on 2 other PCs
on the lan, and playback looks the same on all Pcs.

I suspect that the problem could be something to do with MDK9.1, but I
don't know what. All the driver stuff I'm using is later revisions than
is supplied with mdk9.1, and I've checked the installed versions

If anybody has had similar problems or has any suggestions then please
reply.

I'm not some newbie just installing myth - I've been running it since
0.7, and have managed to fix just about any problem I've encountered.

Cheers

Gary