[mythtv-users] MythTV is black when watching TV

KaZeR kazer at borntofrag.net
Fri Feb 6 03:12:30 EST 2004

Hi there.

I'm a Gentoo user, so I emerge'd MythTV, configured it (at least, i tried )
Everything looks fines, but when i try to watch TV with mythfronted, it
just flood me with

*Code:*
2004-02-05 18:20:14 Error writing stringlist
Remote encoder not responding.
QSocketDevice::writeBlock: Invalid socket

My TV card (Pinnacle PCTV Rage) works fine with other apps like motv or
tvtime.

When lauching mythfrontend, it tells me
*Code:*
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

Can this be related? I don't understand why it tells me that, because i
have the 'Load glx' in my XF config file (i have a GeForce FX5200 and
kernel 2.6.1)

Any help appreciated, thanks