[mythtv-users] RedHat Installation HowTo?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Feb 5 23:41:58 EST 2004

On Feb 5, 2004, at 6:29 PM, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Nowhere wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys and Girls,
>>
>> Is there a HOWTO for RedHat Installation specifically for mythTV? I
>> want to be sure a minimal mythTV install but I don’t want to use one
>> of the pre-canned mythTV distributions since I don’t prefer the
>> distributions on which they are basing theirs. Any pointers?
>>

> You're looking for Jarrod's guide:
>
> For RH9: http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=rh9pvr250
> For FC1: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/

Actually, I would recommend using the FC1 guide for both FC1 and RHL9,
because the other one is quite out-dated now. Plenty of things have
changed to the point where it is probably easier to follow the FC1
guide instead. The transition from one to the other was initially more
or less just a global search and replace with a few minor tweaks...

Oh, and the RHL9 one won't be there much longer.

(a minute passes)

The RHL9 one isn't there anymore. It just brings up a link pointing
people to the FC1 version.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...