[mythtv-users] Has anyone working alsa ouput in mythtv ?

John P. Poet john at BlueSkyTours.com
Thu Feb 5 18:05:02 EST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Robert Rozman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've read a lot of advices how to setup ALSA:....  ouput but none worked for
> me.
>
> Has anyone doing this sucessfully and can provide example settings ?  Can I
> also specify alsa plugin as device ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert.

Did you compile MythTV with native ALSA support?  Modify settings.pro before
your run ./configure;qmake/make.

Does ALSA work outside of MythTV?

If yes to all of the above, you should be able to set your "Audio output
device" to be "ALSA:default" and have it work.

Instead of "ALSA:default", you can also try:

ALSA:hw:0,0
ALSA:hw:0,1
ALSA:iec958

John