[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problem

Brian_Meehan at Nexpress.com Brian_Meehan at Nexpress.com
Thu Feb 5 16:28:10 EST 2004

> I have a mythfilldatabase issue. I can login as root and run
> mythfilldatabase without a problem.
>
> If I try to run it from crontab with:
> 01 1 * * * root /usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase
> OR
> run mythfilldatabasecron in cron.daily I get the following errors:
>
> ----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
> using config file //.mythtv/BrightHouseFL.xmltv
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Config file //.mythtv/BrightHouseFL.xmltv does not

James,

An easy one! Cron's trying to run it as the Mythtv user, and you're likely
running it as root. When you ran Mythtvsetup, you were probably running as
root, so when it created the XMLTV file, it stuck it in root's home dir.
The BrightHouseFL.xmltv is in /root/.mythtv, and you need to copy it to
/home/<mythtv_user_name>/.mythtv

Then chown it to the mythtv user.

Assuming you followed Jarod's guide:

# cp /root/.mythtv/BrightHouseFL.xmltv ~mythtv/.mythtv
# chown mythtv:mythtv ~mythtv/.mythtv/BrightHouseFL.xmltv

Wow, that's alot of typing "mythtv"!

-Brian
 IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The information in this email is confidential and proprietary to NexPress
Solutions LLC and may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended
recipient(s) named above only.  Any unauthorized review, printing, copying,

use or distribution of this email by anyone else is prohibited and may be a

criminal offense.  If you have received this email in error, please notify
the
sender immediately by reply email and delete the original message.